Thomas Kluckner was born in 1977 in Hall in Tyrol and lives and works in Linz. In his works, he deals with the perception of certain everyday situations and the resulting questions of authenticity and reality. Central elements of his work include optical illusions as well as the play with materialities, their translations and transformations.
- Na dosah/Greifbar nah, Gallery of the City of Plzeň, Czech Republic (2018);
- Goldafter Antikuratorium, Kapu Linz, Austria (2018);
- Finding Kosovo – A Quest for Identity, Salzamt Linz, Linz, Austria (2017);
- Erfahrene Landschaft, Architektur Haus Kärnten, Klagenfurt, Austria (2017);
- new terrain, Projektraum Stiftgasse, Vienna, Austria (2016);
- Echos/Residencies revisited, Künstlerhaus Dortmund, Germany (2015);
- The artist has left the building, Vondelbunker, Amsterdam, Netherlands (2015);
- Frames, Andechsgalerie, Innsbruck, Austria (2015);
- Parallaxe 4, Memphis, Linz, Austria (2014);
- Transposition.Change, NÖ Dokumentationszentrum für moderne Kunst, St. Pölten, Austria (2014).
Selected prizes, scholarships and residencies:
- Project grant at the University of Arts Linz (2017);
- Studio scholarship artist’s house Paliano, Rome, Italy (2016);
- Percent for art, AK-Bildungshaus Jägermayerhof, Linz, Austria (2016);
- Artist in Residence, GARAGE Aarau, Switzerland (2015);
- Sponsorship award of diocesan art society Linz, Austria (2014);
- Art price of the Chamber of Labor Upper Austria, Linz, Austria (2014).